Sunday, August 20, 2017

A competitive programmer

August 20, 2017

Introduction 


Now it is 10:45 pm in the Sunday evening. I like to spend 20 - 30 minutes to do a small research, and write a blog about it as well.

How to train myself to be a competitive programmer?  I spent over 90 minutes this morning to go over a talk and plan to learn an algorithm, the blog is Square root decomposition in competitive programming, and the algorithm is called Mo's algorithm.


I played the codesprint yesterday, and my ranking is 2900 out of 9000 players. I solved one easy two medium algorithms. There are three hard level algorithms in the codesprint, I will practice after the contest in the weekdays.

I can talk about a lot of things, but let me share my reading about this post "How Anudeep Nekkanti answers the question to rank 35th in the world through 6 to 7 months training?".

Plan to read more answers from Miguel Oliveira.
Read Egor Suvorov.


Invariant explanation is short and clear: (Julia's ranking 10 out of 10)

6 months to prepare for facebook/ google's algorithm problem solving?

Plan to watch the videos, the link is here

No comments:

Post a Comment