Sunday, September 3, 2017

Summer 2017

Sept. 3, 2017

Introduction



It is the early morning, after 8 hours hiking, I went to bed early and ended up to get up around 3:30am, now it is 5:30am, I decided to write a blog called "A programmer is seasonal?". I am trying to do a small research how the summer activities enriches a programmer's life living in the city of Vancouver, I may be able to perform better as a software programmer.

I decided to go out hiking last Saturday once I got the invitation. I had a busy week, I started to use github account to track my source code progress, I also evaluated the ransom virus and build a working environment on a new hard disk since the virus encrypted all files in my old computer.

Source control 



One thing I did and also very helpful is that I print out the code I rewrote, code review and put them on paper. So, it was so good to read the code on those papers when I found out a few pages code lost in the shuffle of version control, server and local hard disk. I just found out so many weakest points to review my working procedures. I can be better and powered with so many tools.

Try to address a few issues based on facts:

1. It is easy to catch up the technologies these days. I just started to use github version control less than one month ago. There are so many advanced features of github, it is also exciting to learn some advanced features.

3. I have more activities to go out with friends in the summer last few weekends. I had a trip to Vancouver island, hiking with friends, friends from California visited the city of Vancouver. Those activities makes a programmer more happy.

4. One more research in summer is what if I decide to lose 10 or 20 lbs. What should I change?

5. Now it is US open tennis 2 weeks. I learned a lot from those players, do those player help me to understand better the competition in the market about talent, what should I do to take advantage of it? I want to be strong and more competitive programmer.



Actionable Items


Need to figure out how to make this small blog more organized, readable. Figure out 2 or 3 ideas to work on.




No comments:

Post a Comment