Sunday, September 17, 2017

Case study of getting better on driving

Sept. 17, 2017


Introduction



I like to drive highway and enjoy high speed driving. Today I should drive to Road 3 in Richmond from my home to meet friend visiting from Seattle, friends long back from Florida, I ended up driving 91 to Nelson exit, and then turned back to drive local highway and spent extra 20 minutes to get to the restaurant.

Here is my route in a diagram:


Analysis of Driving skills


It is the important to build a good habit, stay intelligent. I drove over 22 times to go to USA cross board last 7 years, but last 2 - 3 years I stopped driving on shopping trip instead of working more on coding blogs.

I need to do some research how to build skills smart on driving. The mistake to take wrong route on the highway reminds me how gentle I should take it, and then later I need to study the reasons, I need to catch up with some learning.

Figure out things to help me to be a good driver.

A few ideas to work on:
1. Read highway 91 or 99 wiki pages.

2. Figure out how Samsung Google map driving direction on my Samsung mobile phone came out ads when I need to get detail route while driving from road 7 to road 8.

3. Understanding Road vs Ave vs St. Directions of Road is north to south.

4. Learn to read map and thing to help to memorize the map and figure out easy mistakes to work with Google directions. Start from basics, reading some articles:

Five tips and tricks to help you better navigate google maps, here is the article.


Facts to Review 


9/18/2017

What I did is to purchase $1.00 dollar internet service, and then start to use Google map drive directions on Sept. 17, 2017. The phone was connected to the charger all the time, and then the phone got hot.

What I should do is to download the map of Vancouver area, with size around 160 MB. And then open the download map, use offline map to help drive direction. No need to connect the phone charger. Keep the phone cool as normal standby status does.

Have my idea of route first, only use the drive direction from Google map as an alternative. Understand the basics to exit early, go to No. 3 road first.

No comments:

Post a Comment