Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Common bugs for wrong answer

Oct. 31, 2017

Introduction



It is so time consuming to find the bug in my code, and then after almost over 5 minutes, I decided to use Console.WriteLine to help, because I gave up whiteboard testing. The peer insisted that the test case of platform is working, and then I found out that I should add a statement to break the for loop.


Code review 


Here is my C# code.

I spent over 5 minutes to do whiteboard testing, but I could not find the bug. The line 38 break statement is missing. Need to break the for loop.

Actionable Item


Need to work on whiteboard testing. If the result is wrong, then I need to figure out the reason without using debug statement.

Plan to do some research about wrong answer bugs.

The feedback is that "only test 2-3 times".


No comments:

Post a Comment