Friday, November 17, 2017

Linkedin 950 connections study

Nov. 17, 2017

Introduction


One of my most favorite activities is to review my connections on linkedin at the end of 2017. Over one hour, I went over connections by shared connections and tried to collect some statistics, and see how my friends make their career movement, how they advance their career.

I started to see how many of them moves to Amazon, and then went over others and found out what kind of jobs they change.

Now it is 11:48 PM, I started from 10:00 PM. I started to 10:00 PM since I believed that I booked the mock interview, and then I toured LinkedIn and just got lost in those connections.

What to study 


I have over 900 connections, first I went over my messages history last 12 months and found out over 90 mock interviewers's update. So surprisingly, a few of them got jobs in Facebook (2), Amazon (4+), and Microsoft (2+). I checked their job history and understood how they are selected. Some of them have solid work experience through last job, over 4 years, well-established companies.

The list of companies I looked up are Microsoft, Google, Apple, LinkedIn, Amazon, HP, ITW, Oracle, Sony, Intel, Motorola, Florida Atlantic University, etc. I added some friends through mock interview, and started to learn how new generation of people work compared to my old friends, from Intel, Intuit, Cisco, Qualcom, etc.






No comments:

Post a Comment