Monday, November 13, 2017

Do it yourself - Auto maintenance work

Nov. 13, 2017

Introduction


Once a while, I find myself in the trouble to keep up with knowledge of automobile, so I have to learn a few things through youtube.com. For example, how to install a car battery? I did once recently. This past October, how to put a backup tire, that was my favorite research through youtube.com, I got a flat tire and then I like to do some research how to fix the issue by myself.

My research is so shallow this October, I watched 2 or 3 videos to put a backup tire, and then I tried to do it myself, I could not take off lock nut off no matter how hard I tried. So I went back to watch videos, until a few hours later, one of videos shows that it is to use your feet to leverage the power. I used the tip and solved the problem puzzled me more than 2 hours.

Learning is fun


I sent my car to Canadian tire auto repair last Monday for 4 pm appointment, and I was told that the tire cannot be repaired, so two new tires will cost more than $300 dollars. I politely declined the advice, and waited last Saturday and then drove to O Tire, and I got the tire repaired. There are two nails in the tire, the cost of repair is $60 dollars, with life time warranty.

I spent 10 minutes to touch all tires's tooth in O Tire store and try to understand the technology of tire.

My low beam light


One of my weakness is to be patient and be able to solve real problem in my daily life, walk away with things like wechat talks, reading or sharing. I need to take care of a lot of things, like maintaining good friendship with Christian friends, sometimes it means a long lunch together with group of people.

I checked tonight that two of low beam light bulbs stop working. I found that low beam light has some issue, but until today in the dark outside of the home, I did make sure that light bulbs do not work.


To be outlier



It is time to review the course I learn from pluralsight.com called "Become an Outlier: Reprogramming the Developer Mind", I did in July 28, 2017. I plan to revisit the course again and try to apply the learning to my daily life.



No comments:

Post a Comment