Sunday, November 5, 2017

Shen Neil - Shanghai Jiaotong university alumni

Nov. 5, 2017

Introduction


It is so interesting to be an alumni of Shanghai Jiaotong University, China. I went back to have a vacation this October, I had to meet classmates of undergraduate 70141 and also graduate class 8902.

My undergraduate class is named as 70141, and my graduate class is names as 8902.  I had chance to meet some of my classmates and I had chance to follow more on wechat about their stories. One of 8902 classmate posted the blog about Shen Neil who is my undergraduate classmate of 70141, of course, he is no longer the first degree of my friend circle. My close friend's circle is engineers and teachers of alumni of 70141 and 8902 classes.

Here is the article written in Chinese for me to study in 20 minutes tonight. Chinese sentences are written like this: Four year Shen Neil makes 2 billion dollars, but he invested 50 billion first, in 11 years make 2600 billion dollars.

" 投资教父"沈南鹏,4年赚到20亿还嫌不过瘾,他一举砸下500亿 , 11年创下2.6万亿奇迹!

Study of Shen Neil 


Shen Neil's wiki page is here
Shen Neil's wiki page in Chinese is here

His partner of Sequoia: Michael Moritz


52 minutes interview called Sequoia's Neil Shen to Entrepreneurs: "Follow Your Heart", the video link is here published by Stanford Graduate School of Business.

Several arguments to look into from the article:

Arguments:

不过天才就是天才,在十几次面试的过程中,沈南鹏就摸到了门道。

此后不到两个星期,他就把江恩理论、5个波浪循环、MBS、CDO、中国国债、布伦特原油报价等问题搞透了。

Facts:

就在另外两个人绞尽脑汁在纸上比划的时候,沈南鹏不到5分钟已经给出了答案。

原来不太懂中国的商业环境,到了1999年,我已经比较‘土鳖’了

No comments:

Post a Comment