Saturday, January 13, 2018

10 minutes talk about my mock interview experience

January 13, 2018

Introduction


It is time again for me to share my experience after mock interview today. I spent 10 minutes to share my advice, but I like to write them down, so I can serve better for future mock interview. If I am asked to give some advice, specially those just graduating from master degree of computer science, and do not have time to practice a lot of Leetcode algorithms.

Questions and answers


Q: What advice do you have?

Do not get frustrated. It takes some time to get used to do mock interview. Relax, later on you will forget what matters to you now. Do not quit practicing mock interview.

I quit to practice mock interview in 2016 after less than 2 months, less than 10 mock interviews. I did not admit it, but it must be frustration, low rating, I think that I will get back to work on after I practice more by myself first.

I came back to practice mock interview again March 2017. I failed 30% of first round mock interview. Face the reality, and work on those algorithms and data structure.

Do not quit until you get right. Work on algorithm, I apply the principle "Do not quit until you cannot get it wrong". It is smart to work on mock interview again and again on those algorithms.


Q: What to do in order to improve the problem solving?

Work on some coding styles before you work on Leetcode algorithms. I choose to work on code review on stackexchange.com.

Q: How many mock interview have you completed?

I have completed more than 150 mock interview since March 2017.

General advice:


No comments:

Post a Comment