Monday, January 8, 2018

Mock interview should be a conversation

January 8, 2018

Introduction


Mock interview should be a conversation between two programmers. Both of them are exchanging ideas and try to sort out what kind of problem the peer has to solve. I learn to explain the problem when I find the peer kind of stuck, and help the peer understand the step 2 number in this encryption/ decryption algorithm.

It is my luck to meet an undergraduate student and she worked very hard on mock interview. Therefore I had chance to discuss with the peer what is the step 2 number and how we can do reverse calculation based on encryption steps.

Code review


Here is the C++ code with the analysis. I like to review analysis part, and figure out how good the peer is. Since I know that peer wrote perfect solution after the discussion, I knew that I did a good job to help the peer understand the problem through the discussion.



No comments:

Post a Comment