Thursday, January 4, 2018

Skiing trip to celebrate new year 2018

January 4, 2018

Introduction


It was the first sunny day in the whole week, last day of 2017, Thursday, Dec. 30. I went to Seymour mountain to learn how to ski, and I left home around 2:20 PM. After 20 minutes driving, I took the bus in parkgate community center to the top of mountain, at 3:00 PM.

Sightseeing 


I spent first 20 to 30 minutes to walk around at the top of mountain and see the beautiful views. Here are the links on my Instagram, one is beautiful mountain view. First time I used hashtag to publish the videos and photos.

I found one of likes is very useful. I need to use those hashtag as well. As a software programmer, I need to learn how to reach out more people through social channel.

Emotions


To learn skiing, I went through so many emotions over 5 hours practice. I like to document the feelings and see if those feelings make any sense.

Learning skiing is so much fun. I went through so many emotions, fear, pain of hand after the fall, fall on snow, fall on escalator, scare of slope, laugh, quick learning.

New year resolution


I chose to spend time to work on the mock interview last week of Dec. 2017, and the last day I went out to enjoy 8 hours outdoor, 5 hours skiing and finally learned how to skiing and fully enjoyed the sports. I could not remember so many fall down on the snow, the first one and last one I remembered, and then when I deal with the pain and itching after 24 hours, I started to remember so many falls through those hours on the slope of mountain.

I like to learn from my sports activity last day of 2017. Do not stay in my comfortable zone every day. I have to learn things once I stay out of my comfortable zone. I have to learn dealing with fear, falling down, failure, taking calculated risk, and then I will learn quickly.

Being a mom may be the best opportunity for me to learn everything in my life. I miss the opportunity in my early 20s, 30s, 40s, I should learn from other people in Canada, those mom who teach themselves skiing and also learn together with their teenager son I met on the skiing trip. Remember the quote she shared, "I only watched youtube how to ski yesterday 15 minutes. You have to learn how to make left and right turn by shifting your weight to left or right." Self learner mom is also giving me the best lesson in the life.




No comments:

Post a Comment